CLICK HERE TO HELP RE-ELECT KARIN
Karin was born and raised in South St. Paul and graduated from SSP high school in 1982. Went on to receive a BA in Communication from the State University of New York and married her high school sweetheart in 1985. Karin and her husband, Phil, have 4 children (ages 18 – 29), 1 grandson.
Karin is a small business owner, quickly building a very successful real estate business at Keller Williams Real Estate. Karin also hosts The Karin Housley Show, on AM 1220, a variety show, featuring local guests, real estate talk, stock market discussion, and happenings in and around the east metro.
meet the housley family
Husband – Phil Housley - NHL Hall of Fame inductee and current assistant coach of Nashville Predators
Children (4) – Taylor, Reide, Wilson, Avery
Home: St Mary’s Point
Family: Married, Spouse Phil, 4 children, 1 grandchild
Occupation: Small business owner
Education: BA, State University of NY
Karin was elected in 2012 to the Minnesota State Senate. She serves on the Commerce Committee, Education Finance Committee and State and Local Government Committee.
- 1982 – Graduated South St. Paul High School
- 1987 – State University of New York at Buffalo – B.A. Communications
- 1987 – 1990 – Television News Producer at NBC & ABC affiliates
- 2001 - Authored Investment Book Chicks Laying Nest Eggs, published by Random House.
- 2003 – Built a Real Estate Business (Karin Housley Homes) in both Minnesota & Wisconsin. Voted a Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine Super Agent 2009-2015
- 2007 – 2015 The Karin Housley Show Hosted weekly radio show on AM 1220 KLBB.
- President of Let’s Go Fishing with Seniors St. Croix Valley Chapter
- Board Member of Canvas Health, Yellow Ribbon St. Croix Valley, and Community Thread