Representing our communities
Karin Housley has a clear record of working across the aisle, building coalitions, and finding solutions that work. Here are only a few examples:
- Karin spearheaded the collaborative effort to establish Aiple Park along the St. Croix River in Stillwater.
- She successfully secured funding for the Bike Bridge/Manning Avenue interchange in Washington County and the Gateway Trail from William O’Brien State Park to the Scandia Village Center.
- She passed legislation that designates Highway 95, from Lakeland to Oak Park Heights, as Corrections Officer Joseph Gomm Memorial Highway in memory of fallen MCF-Stillwater Officer Joseph Gomm, who was killed in the line of duty.
- Karin passed legislation that ensures equity in transportation costs for school districts like Forest Lake Area Schools.
- She changed the law around electric vehicles so Stillwater’s beloved Tuk Tuk can operate on city streets.
- Since Minnesota breweries cannot sell “growlers” once they reach a certain production threshold, Karin continues to lead the push to change the law so homegrown businesses like Lift Bridge in Stillwater can continue to sell growlers.